[IP] Type 2 on insulin

>>This means you are now a Type 2 who is being controlled by insulin. T-2
>>(Diabetes Mellitus) is a progressive disease and you may have started
>>with diet, then pills, and now using insulin. Type 2 is insulin
>>Type 1 means the pancreas has no activity and must have insulin
>>under the skin (shots/infusion) to live. A C-Peptide test is usually
done if
>>there is any doubt as to which type one is.

Here's the rub.

Some Type 2 do indeed become insulin dependent.  My doctor and I (and my
former doctor), are starting to believe I'm that type.  That's one reason
we're considering the insulin pump and why we feel that getting good blood
sugar control is extremely difficult.  Pills alone certainly didn't do it
and we're not getting a good result with the pair.

Also Type 1's become insulin resistant.  I know of one teenager who was
first diagnosed with Type 1 and now is being treated additionally with
oral drugs because of the insulin resistant.

Thus there is now a category called 1.5 since there are so many with both

The biggest thing, is that we are usually all in the same boat and have to
deal with the same issues.

Kathleen Weaver
Marcie (beagle) Bettner's Byte O Magic, NA, NAJ, NAP, NJP, CGC
Maggie (beagle)