[IP] Re: certificate from Joslin ?

>>>well, ill restate it. Obviously, if they give you a certificate, for 25
years of dm, it must be for 25 years, of dm. i guess what i wanted to now
then, is Why ??

is it, because i (or anyone), lived that long ?? .. i just dont get the
reason ??>>>

As in all things DM - YMMV. When insulin was discovered in 1921 and on the
market a couple of years later, it was quite an accomplishment to have
survived that long by 1950 (25 yrs.) Well, in 1976 I believe, the first
50-yr medal was issued. Consider how ALL Type 1's back then previously
died - well we all will too, but not nearly as soon as back then. I don't
have any family support other than my hugsband, and on my 49th anniv. I
cried all day thinking here I am still alive and no one cares. I could not
have handled 50 yrs without my BASH - party of Bawling, Amazement,
Sincerity, Humor to celebrate Life and Survival of a half century of IDDM.
Joslin was considerate enough to allow me to have my medal a month early
(they issue AFTER you complete your month of dx) and it arrived 11/3 in time
for the BASH on 11/4 (dx 11/5).

You don't have to have a party if you think it's silly, but some of us
handle life in different ways. The newsie asked if I go to lots of these
events when they did a feature article on me. I said I didn't know anyone
weird enough to do what I did. Wellllll, I have met another weirdo - TOM
BEATSON! His party in January was to celebrate living with IDDM for 60
years. Several of us from IP went and a good time was had by all. Several
IPers also attended my BASH. Hope they had a good time. (~_^)

To see Tom's pictures of his party:
http://www.picturetrail.com/tombeatsonparty  To see mine, it's in my sig

Look at the grass stains on my skin. I say if your knees aren't green by the
end of the day, you ought to seriously examine your life. ~ Calvin (&