[IP] Pumps and Jobs

 I have a friend who would really benefit from an insulin pump and I have shown
him mine and how I think it would really help him. Both his family and Doctors
really want him to get on one for better control but he is not sure that he
could be able to wear it as recommended due to his job. He is a truck mechanic
and has been known to catch his clothing on fire. He is concerned about melting
the pump to his body. Additionally, he wonders if he'd be able to crawl into
small places with it. Does anyone out there have a job like this that could shed
some insight on how to handle these types of situations?

Do you Yahoo!?