[IP] Re: Hibiclens cleanser/Tape allergy

>It's Hibiclens, by Stuart Pharmaceuticals, that was recommended.
>Has anyone have skin problems with "IV Prep" ?
>Ann Warrington
>Deltec Cozmo since 6/24/03

Ann, thanks for the correct spelling.  :-)

IV Prep is still primarily alcohol, and so MM said it is not a good
choice to use if you have tape allergies because it still dries out and
removes the protective barrier of the oils in the skin.  SOME people
can be allergic to the IV Prep itself...but, being alcohol based, it
can also contribute to an allergy to the tape (as was my case).