Re: [IP] Vacation Removal

At 06:28 PM 7/24/2003, you wrote:
>Please remove me from the list from July 25th till August 8th.
>Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
>Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

Just to let everyone know that if you have a request to leave the group for
a period of time or to change your mailing option PLEASE write to the Help
address.  The volunteers of the list may miss your request if it is sent here.

During any given week there are 2 people on "duty"  they do everything from
sort threw all the SPAM that is sent to the Help and Subscription lists and
approve all those that want to join and answer all the questions that are
sent to the correct address.

Let me tell you a little about how much mail we may get:

Last week I got over 400 emails from IP  ..  just a fast note  I was off
the main list and I was gone for vacation..

So far this year I have received over 32,000 emails..  and some of the
volunteers (I won't mention Sam's name) receive more than this.

So you can see why we always ask that mail is sent to the correct
address....  If not here is how it works on my computer..

Lets say I come in after work and check my mail..  I get 80 messages and
all those messages are filtered to different folders based on if they were
sent to the help address, the IP main list, the YIP list, the Spirit list,
the Digest the Admin list, or any of the other lists I am on..

If I am on duty I do the Help emails or the subscription requests
first,  after that I look over the Admin mail, then I skim over the lists
mail to look for things we may need to address..

Let me tell you it can take allot of time to do..  and we all have life
outside of the IP list..

So please everyone help us out..  the Help address is sent to every member
on the bottom of every message as well as on the website and sent to you
when you first join..

one of the Volunteer Admins.