[IP] Re: to suspend or not suspend, that is the question

IMHO, the reason they want your BG that high, is because they are not
familiar with the ability to control BG levels an y better...they worry
about it going too low.  every surgery I have ever had, they preferred 200
to 110 ARGH!!!

Can you make sure it is at 120-140 before you go to surgery and give them
specific instructions for the time you will not be able to 'help' them?
(maybe the endo can give help? for these temporary insturcitons?

The last surgery I had, I had to prove to the nurse that I was interested in
keeping it under 150, and she was congratualtory on that (told me that most
of their patients dont' really care, etc), and was a plus in convincing the
doctor to not get it too high, etc while I was out.....

Good luck on your surgery :-)