Re: [IP] How quick is bolus

>>> . . .  after two high BGs, when I'm suspicious of my old site and
planning to change to a new one, I would not
use that old site for the correction bolus in case it's no longer working.
I'd change to the new site, then do the correction bolus through that one.

And I would take an injection to make sure I am getting some insulin
immediately. It has happened that even the new site is not a good one.
Better to get it in a way you are absolutely sure it is in. Also, leaving
the old site in 1-2 hrs. assures all the insulin in that site is absorbed.
That means two sites for a tad, but most people don't know. ;-)

Also, it's better to bolus a new site than an old one and remove it. I
believe the manual says to change before a meal bolus so the site is
saturated right away. If it doesn't say that in the newer ones, that was
what I was taught/told/read. Also, no changing before bed cuz if it goes
high, you'd be sleeping and not know it. In the daytime a high can get
caught cuz we test 1-2 hrs. after a site change to be sure the insulin is
infusing correctly. (~_^)

Rules are rules, except for the exceptions.