[IP] An analogy?

My blood sugar jumped when my drug store informed me that my insurance
co. was cutting my bg strips allowance in half!!  Of course it was on a
weekend so I had to wait until Monday to call and ask WHY!!!!  Although
I would never have discussed this at length with the insur. rep., I was
all set, mentally at least, to tell them that not having plenty of
blood glucose strips is like driving a car down a road, 24 hours a day,
but being allowed to open your eyes only a few times during that 24
hours to see where you are on the road!!!!  I could elaborate on how
far I took this analogy in my mind and I was all steamed up ready to
go.  However, when I finally reached the insurance company, quick as a
wink they said, "OH, we always try to accommodate diabetics with what
they need---you just need to renew it yearly."  That was too easy.
Meanwhile, I still love my analogy. What do you think...do you have a
better one just in case?