[IP] re:amylin/symlin

i am currently in the study. I have been since dec 02. I was recently told by
the coordinator for the center i go to that it should be available by the
time i have my last follow up appointment this december.

I do have to say that it is the biggest pain in the royal behind to have to
remember to take 3 extra shots. My biggest complaint is that it isn't mixed in
with insulin. They will loose a large portion of their market if they don't do
something about this. Nausea is the biggest side effect, but goes away for
most people after the first week or so.

I hate to say it, but i am feeling now that i wouldn't recommend it until it
is mixed with insulin. or else they find away for pump users to get it

My total insulin usage has been cut in half. i do tend to have less spikes as
well. This is a great product. I just wish i didn't  have to take 3 shots a
day on top of using my pump to get it. I would rather be off the pump taking
 the extra three shots or not using it at all right now. Sorry If i sound
im just so frustrated with the extra shots. Everyone that i know who is also
on this study happens to love it. My endo back in San Diego is on it and he
 lost about 7 pounds without even trying. He loves it. He also went off the pump
when he joined the study.

I do hope that they get FDA approval because I know that this drug will help
out so many of us. It really is a good drug, just wish there was an easier way
of delivering it to our bodies <sigh>

dxd age 7 1988  pumping 1992