Re: [IP] How quick is bolus

Exactly, this was my point in a priviously reply, its great that you check
yourself, but
understanding whats still working is very improtant.

Bout a month ago or more, a young lady was on ABC's good morining america,
he pump failed
and she was able to get another from the local rep. In the meantime she had
been taking
Huamlog with a syringe to compensate for the lack of a pump. She took a nap
and woke
up high ???, so in order to compensate for that she took more Humalog, not
into consideration what was still working, and her son, 4 or 5 year old had
call 911.

Because you high doesn't mean its the end of the world, if your continually
high you need to
understand why.

Its been my experience that a high or low has a directly related reason,
miscounted carbs,
oops a little high or a little low. Too much activity, a little low.
I've learned to suspend my pump if my BS are good about 1 hour before
lunch. Example if
its 85 at 11:00AM and i have lunch at 11:30 (and i do most times) stopping
the pump
won't make a big difference as i'm pretty active all day.

Hope this makes some sense,