Re: [IP] yoga?

Hi Julie,

I took up Yoga over a year ago because of some hip pain (sports-related) that
I was experiencing.  I was hoping that yoga would help regain some
flexibility.  I have never noticed that yoga affected my diabetes whatsoever -
neither positively nor negatively.  I recently took up a form of pilates and
same thing.  I attend a yoga class at my gym (Bally's) once a week and then
supplement my regular workouts with a variety of Yoga tapes 2 other times a
week on average.  I got these tapes from www.Gaiam.com - they have a great
selection and tapes/DVDs are a wonderful way to try yoga without feeling
self-conscious in a public classroom.

I like doing Yoga after my cardio workout (3 mile run) because my
muscles/tendons/ligaments are then all warmed up and more pliable.  It's also
a great way to cool down and lower your heart rate.  I recommend that you
invest in a yoga props starter kit (includes matt, stretching cord, and two
blocks) as the props will help you achieve proper form and stretch if you're

Finding a spot for my pump while doing Yoga was a bit more challenging - so
far the most success I've had is when clipping it to my waistband exactly on
my side (hip) as there are far fewer positions for which you lay on your side
than front or back.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or would like
video recommendations.

email @ redacted

Diabetic 22 years, pumping for 2