[IP] Re: angiography

>[IP] angiography and/or laser treatment?

>From: "Julie Murphy" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] angiography and/or laser treatment?
>Anybody ever had angiography done to detect the extent of problems with
>their eyes?  I just saw the eye doc and he says I have neovascularization,
>and he wants to do this thing where they inject dye into you so they can
>the blood vessels in the eye.  I'd really like to hear from anybody who has
>had this done, and also anybody who has had photocoagulation laser surgery.
>He said I will probably have to have that done soon as well.  Sigh.

Hi Julie,

I have angiography done all the time.  (Actually, I'm supposed to go have
one Monday night.)  They dilate your eyes, put in an i.v., inject some dye
and take photographs of the retina.  Sometimes they take photos before and
after injecting the dye, but that could just be me.

The photography is the most uncomfortable part, I think.  Usuall I end up
with a massive headache after the tests are over.  The dye is no big deal,
really.  Just don't get nervous if you turn a little yellow for a day, and
your urine is bright orange - its just the dye, it goes away pretty quickly.

The doc I saw said he thinks I need laser, too.  I haven't decided yet if
I'm going to let them do it or not.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted

AIM:  jspock1