From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 1:16 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Amylin

 I have been reading, recently, about a beta cell-produced hormone
called amylin, and I am becoming more and more anxious to be able to use
it. I think that it might really help me to smooth out my postprandial
BG's and maybe even not have to wait so long after bolusing to be able
to eat.

 I discussed this with my endo at my last visit a few weeks ago. He
wasn't sure if it had been FDA approved yet, but said that he was sure
that it would not be marketed until it could be administered without
requiring extra injections because no one would buy it as it is(He
suggested possibly through a second reservoir in a pump).

 I vaguely recall someone posting about this some time ago, I believe
saying that they had participated in a clinical trial for it. I was
wondering if that person, or anyone else could give me some further

 How well has it been found to work? Has it been FDA approved? Are there
any plans to begin marketing it (and if so when)?