[IP] angiography and/or laser treatment?

Anybody ever had angiography done to detect the extent of problems with
their eyes?  I just saw the eye doc and he says I have neovascularization,
and he wants to do this thing where they inject dye into you so they can see
the blood vessels in the eye.  I'd really like to hear from anybody who has
had this done, and also anybody who has had photocoagulation laser surgery.
He said I will probably have to have that done soon as well.  Sigh.