Re: [IP] Re: diabetic comas

On 7/21/03 2:32 PM, "Morrisey, Jason" <email @ redacted>
Demonstrated stellar typing skills by writing:

> Well then what is it called when you lose consciousness because your blood
> sugar is to low?  I thought a "diabetic coma" was that you lose
> consciousness because your blood sugar was to low.

*I* would call that a hypoglycemic conk-out :-) Some refer to that as
"insulin Shock".

Mainly *I* have been 'led to believe' a "Diabetic Coma" is when you are
extremely high and ketoacidic, so you pass out into kusmal breathing,
dehydration and acidosis, causing the brain to conk-out. Usually IV fluids,
some insulin and a hospital stay is in order.

-- Have a look at my website! My Musical things, Hand-painted tees and my
family! Then go check out the first group I ever started!

AOL-IM: Wyldceltic1

Jenny Sutherland
http://www.wyldcelt.com