Re: [IP] my war with my body

If your basal is so low (and even lower with exercise), why don't you
disconnect from your pump and just bolus for corrections and food? When
Jenny is exercising intensely with high school sports or on beach days
her basal is cut significantly.

Do you feel your lows coming on at all? Could you carry your glucometer
and glucose tabs with you when you are hiking around the retreat center?
Maybe in a fanny pack or small backpack? I try to get Jenny to keep
things with her all the times.

Also, you did not mention if you reduced your correction ratio during
times of exercise. We find that Jenny's overall senstivity to insulin is
much higher with exercise (or heat) Is it warmer than you are used to at
the retreat? Maybe your correction is too high for the conditons you
were in.

Do you have a CDE that you can consult with? Having lows in public is
really embarrassing. I'm sorry you are having to live with this.

My suggestions are probably not any new ideas for you, but I hope they help.