[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]   Help@Insulin-Pumpers.org
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]   for subscribe/unsubscribe assistance

[IP] I made the decision....

I got a call in to the pump company on the way to the doctor's office.
(I've picked Animas, mainly because I've met them, and there are several
features I like.  Actually I also like Cozmo (Deltec) -- similar features,
but Animas is moving faster).  They said they would get the guy to talk to
the insurance company and call me in the next two days about the

When I saw the doctor, told him I wanted to go to the pump and I would do
it either now or January, depended on the insurance.

The insurance guy got back to me about 20 minutes ago, when I was coming
back from a private agility lesson, and told me that the pump would run
somewhat around $1200 for me with the current insurance.

At the current time, my district hasn't decided on switching, but if we
did, I'd save about $600 -- but would be suffering from the side effects
of the multi-injection thing for 6 months.  Well, I think avoiding that
would worth the $600 approximate price tag.

So I'm biting the bullet.  I'm running the results of my research up to
the doctor's office.

Of course, I'm scared.  This is again a major step towards recognizing I
have a serious problem that contributed to the death of my father and his

Kathleen Weaver
Marcie (beagle) Bettner's Byte O Magic, NA, NAJ, NAP, NJP, CGC
Maggie (beagle)
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: