[IP] Free Insulin

In a message dated 7/21/2003 9:00:23 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> hmmm NPH and Regular, throw them into the garbage! I really hope NO-ONE
> uses
> these old fashioned stuff anymore! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Believe it or not, I was using this stuff right up to about 4 months before
starting on my pump.  I hadn't seen a doc for about 8 years (yes, a diabetic
 without a doc for 8 years) and had no idea about all the changes that had taken
place while I was just taking care of myself.  Got a sinus infection about 2
years ago and was told to go see this endo or the Urgent Care doctor was going
to admit me to the hospital, so I went.  Best decision I ever made.  Put me on
Lantus and Humolog right away and started talking about the pump that day