Re: [IP] Re: virus

At 07:40 AM 7/21/2003 Tracy Chalecki wrote:
 > Help! This is my name, but not my e-mail address!! I don't know what is

Typically the email address that these viruses are coming from are forged
(spoofed). That means that they just look like they are coming from that
address, but weren't actually sent from there.

There was just a round of virus infected mail that looks like it came from
Michael. It's not, and Michael rarely sends out mail with attachments.  If
you got one recently from him with an attachment, please delete it
immediately. If your anti-virus program didn't alert you, that means your
virus definitions are not up-to-date and you need to update them as soon as