[IP] Re: comments - was Apple Cake

>  Well lucky you - people ask what it is - I only get a few kids who ask
and no
> adults no matter how bad I want them to ask - do I have to wear a sign
that says
> ask me??? I see people look - and I guess they either just assume its a
pump r
> they don't want to be rude.

When I had my checkbook-size pump I was very disappointed that the bulge
under my coat didn't draw any attention in stores. NO ONE ever asked me what
I had. Even with the king-sized cigarette pack-size pump I wore for 9 years
did anyone ever ask about a bulge under my jacket or coat.

>  Mind you today when I was at the book store the man behind the till said
> you checking your blood"

We paid our cellphone bill in person yesterday and I wear a glove on my left
hand due to it always being cold since they rerouted the blood vessels when
placing the Gortex Loop graft for dialysis in my left forearm. I'm typing
without it and at home don't wear it, but usually sit on that hand or put it
between my knees or under my shirt for warmth.

Well, the *clerk* said, "You wear a glove?" I explained and she said she
could understand. She said she could never have needles stuck in her. My
hugsband said she could if her life depended on it. She disagreed. I showed
her my pump and she asked if it checked my BG as well as give me insulin? I
said that's a closed loop system and a couple of companies are working on
that but it's not ready yet. She again said they should have something that
tests your blood to give you the right amount of insulin at the right time.
I AGAIN told her what I had said. She said there really should be something
though that would automatically do that so Hugsy said, "There is, it's
called a pancreas and hers doesn't work!" LOL

Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the