[IP] Re: Thallium Stress Test

>>>I'll be going for a Thallium Stress Test in a couple days.  They said it
take 3-4 hours, not to have any caffeine and wear comfortable shoes and
clothes.  Any other suggestions or tips on what to do?  I plan on doing a
temporary basal and cutting down by 50% for an hour before and during the

This is always puzzling to me when people plan to cut 50% or any percent.
When I had surgery 10/01 I told the anestheologist (who suggested I reduce
basal) that I *would* - depending on what my BG was. I tested before and was
169. I did nothing and a CDE was available for any advice. When I got out of
surgery she tested me and I was 149. I would have been way higher with any
reduction. I was very happy with the results of what I did. YMMV!!!

BTW, you just lie there with a thallium stress test so no activity involved
that would cause you to go low.

DISCLAIMER:  This email is for educational use or from personal advice only.
It should not take the place of talking with your doctor or other member of
your healthcare team.