[IP] Free Insulin.

Hi Everyone,
 I have a few bottles of unopened NPH and unopened Regular insulin in my
refrigirator from when I was on both of those insulins. I don't know if anyone
on the list uses either of those insulins, but if you have CRAPPY insurance
coverage or none at all and you are taking either of the two insulins, I
encourage you to e-mail me off the list!

Shawna <email @ redacted> wrote:

weeks out of the month, and fall like mad one week out of the month. Gee,
that leaves me with one normal week per month! However, I am now on a new
pump and my CDE told me not to mess with separate basal programs anymore,
but rather to increase or decrease by temporary basal, when I see these
things happening.>

I'm not on the pill and my basal needs tend to increase about one week
before my period and drop back to "normal" on the day I start. And for the
first few days of that week I have great BG's - insulin sensitivity seams to
be at its peak. Women typically (YMMV) are more insulin resistant a week or
so prior to the onset of menses due to hormonal fluctuations. Of course, if
you're on the pill or going through Menopause, this pattern is bound to be

I have two different basal patterns I use: One for 3 weeks out of the month
and one for the week of PMS. I use temporary basals when needed, but if you
can document and establish a pattern to these things, it makes it more
convenient to set up and use the different basal patterns your pump comes
with. It took me several months with lots of basal testing at different
times of the month to figure it out, but it seems to be pretty reliable. I
also have to keep track of the days in my cycle so I can know when to switch
patterns. I typically switch to my PMS pattern when I wake up with an
unexplained elevated blood sugar that coincides with the calendar. I don't
just automatically switch to the higher basal rate though, because this can
vary anywhere from 8-4 days before. As always, YMMV.

dx'd 3/02, pumping 8/02 clear Paradigm

Do you Yahoo!?