Re: [IP] RE: Diabetes and The Pill

In a message dated 7/19/2003 4:43:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Actually, it works out better for you in some ways.  Usually with the Pill
> you
> can tell which weeks are going to be high weeks (PMS) and then know exactly
> when the one week will come which will be Low week.  Many seem to go low
> that
> one week out of four................

It can really depend upon which one you take. I was on one where it was a
 certain combo of hormones for 21 days, then 2 days of placebo, and then 5 days
(I believe) a single hormone. I was fairly stable on this pill. I switched
 when we switched insurance inorder to be on their list - all sorts of problems
so when I saw a gyno here I requested to go back on the original one (even if
it cost me more) but there was now a generic that did keep the price down -
and the BG's. So it pays to discuss the different pills and if one seems to
produce bad results - try another.

Linda & Dax