[IP] Trying Novalog

I brought my daughter to the endos office yesterday.  A1C went from 8.6 to
8.5; not too thrilled.  Her numbers have been inconsistent; unexplained highs
and very rare lows.  She turned 12 last week, so puberty and hormones must be
involved.  She also has grown about 5 inches and 10 pounds since December (5'2
3/4" and 106#).  She is on synthroid and was tested to see if her dose should
be adjusted.

I asked if a switch to novalog might help and was told that it was worth a
try and that she had recently switched and found her own numbers improved.  I
will start Elizabeth on novalog with her site change Sunday.  I was told to
 leave her basals the same...everything the same but just keep an eye on things.
Any suggestions/recommendations from the 'experts'?

Mom of Elizabeth 12, pumping since July 2001