[IP] Re: free BD logic meter-- NOT....

>>>With the 10 free strips that came with the meter, about half of them gave
me an error message. >>>

I learned something interesting about error messages the other day with the
Precision meters. Their strips have 3 electrode spots that enter the
meters - to reject foreign matter (I suppose no soda pop testing?). Anyhoo,
after an a.m. dialysis run so we could go on a pontoon dinner cruise, I got
5 errors on my QID in a row. I was 98 in the afternon, but felt high a bit
later. I bolused what I thought was a sufficient amount for the ribs,
chicken, scalloped potatoes, corn, and brownie thingies. When we got home
and could test on my Accu-Chek Complete I was HI (>600). I took 3 shots and
bolused additional and it wasn't until the next afternoon that I finally got
down to 131.

Well, I was dehydrated from the dialysis treatment and the QID didn't read
it as *blood.* It was pretty warm out as well. I ended up taking 150% of my
normal TDD. Just something to think about. YMMV

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things