[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #400

In a message dated 7/18/2003 1:19:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> From: "Contreras, Eloisa (Eloisa)" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] remotes
> Lynn:
> I know there are people that use them daily but I am one of the ones that
> has YET to use it the first time.  Mine was included in the pump-package and
> I did not pay for it.  I do carry it with my diabetes bag but I turned the

With the paradigm, you can set it up so that you hear a sound for each unit
you bolus, so you can just press the  button without taking it out to look at
it. I wear it clipped on the side of my bra under my arm, so I can get to it
real easily and can hear the sound clearly. I have never used the remote for
either the 508 or the paradigm and have been pumping of 10 years without any