[IP] Square for Fattening foods

  I recently saw a nutritionist who explained a lot to me about food.  She
taught me how to figure out what bolus to give for fatty foods.  If you know
the carb count and fat count, it becomes simple.  I tried McDonald's since the
nutritional information is easily found and it worked!!  Figuring out the fat
grams seems to be the hardest things now at different restaurants.

  Here is what she said.  You have a fat ratio, just like you have a carb
 ratio. She went on to say that fat turns into glucose within 3 hours, where as
 carbs turn into glucose within 2 hours. So, use your carb ratio for the carbs,
then use your fat ratio and square that over 3 hours.  She told me your fat
 ratio is usually close to your carb ratio. For example, mine is 1U:18g, so she
said to start with 1U:20g for the fat ratio.  Please talk to your doctor about
this if you aren't comfortable and experiment, but be conservative(YMMV).  I
still experiment on the conservative side with this knowledge, but it has
 worked for me....By they way, she looked at me crazy when I told her people say
take 1/2 now, 1/2 over a few hours - with no real details on how to really do
it...I told her I hated the guessing game and this kind of gets rid of it.

Hope this helps!
 - Melissa