[IP] Hospital stay

I recently was in the hospital for a few days and was very impressed with the
way the staff dealt with my pump and letting me control it as usual.  We
 don't see many pumps in this small southern town. I do have a reminder for
pumper, though.  PLEASE make sure that you either educate your family or have
written instructions for staff in case you are medicated and can't make your
 own adjustments. My husband knows how to operate the pump, but had no idea how
many units to bolus for the high sugars that I had post op.  He knows now and
it's listed with specific instructions on my list of medications that I
always carry.    Marsha