[IP] A1c - Hg or Hb?

For the last couple of years my A1c's have run in the low 6's. Three mos ago
it was 8.1, last week it was back to 6.1. The renal dietitian wrote it on my
lab sheet as HgA1c and I asked if the previous one was HbA1c? She said they
don't do that, it's always Hg - but I thought I read here there is a
difference. If so, what is it?

Luck is the residue of design ~ Frank Barone