[IP] crazy herbal remedy

Hi everyone---- Haven't posted in quite some time--- very busy with my son,
but I was told about an middle eastern herbal remedy that supposedly reduces
the need for insulin even in type 1's....

The herb is called hilba and you're supposed to create a tea type drink with
it.  My pharmicist swears by it.  Just to make him happy I finally tried it.
I thought I was going to puke because it was so bitter and raunchy.  Needless
to say I couldn't even drink a cup worth and did not continue it.  He told me
that after 3 or 4 days BS will come down.  Anyone else try this wacky herb?

Yes--- I know it sounds like it may help type 2's, but he has been pestering
me about it for 2 years and I don't have the excuse of being pregnant anymore
so I caved in.....

Anyone one else have info on this?