Re: [IP] Getting Pump Insulin From The Pharmacy?

On Monday, July 14, 2003, "liz" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> as for the insulin, i'm really surprised that people do order it,
> unless
> they're in the u.s. and have to pay over $50us/vial.

OK, are there people who buy Humalog at non-mail order pharmacies where
it costs less than $50us/vial?  I had questioned the pharmacist
(Safeway pharmacy in Arlington VA) the other day, when paying my
after-insurance charge of $53/4 bottles, and he said the price there
for 4 bottles without an insurance contract was around 237, which would
be over $59 per bottle.   (Yes, I, too, remember paying 99 cents for a
bottle of insulin).

I pay the pharmacy about twice what I would have to pay for the mail
order option (even more if you add to it the drug deductible, but I
have to pay that anyway for other drugs).  I think it is worth the
extra money -- but, of course, I have the money available, even though
our family income hasn't increased at anywhere near the same rate as
the cost of insulin <gr.>.

Linda Z