Re: [IP] Getting Pump Insulin From The Pharmacy?

> When I went to my first pump group the people there were telling me that
> I finally go on the pump I will have to get all my supplies through the
> and now I've just read on here that someone is getting their insulin from
> their local pharmacy?
> I would love to know because I dred having to wait for my supplies in the
>  mail when my pharmacy is 24 hours and can get insulin and syringes
anytime I
> want
> right now  and I usually do.

i think it will probably depend a lot on where you live (and how
co-operative the pharmacy is).  i'd say, go to your pharmacy, explain what
you're going to be needing, and ask if they'd be able to order in your pump
supplies, including the particular insulin, for you.  i'm sure that they'd
be able to help.

as for the insulin, i'm really surprised that people do order it, unless
they're in the u.s. and have to pay over $50us/vial.

when you're talking to the pharmacist, see if they can make sure to have
extra on hand so you're never at risk of going without.