[IP] Re: error in news

I did direct a complaint about the errors to the source -- AP. I corrected
the errors for them, too.

However, I believe that we should write the ADA and protest their inclusion
of erroneous information on the ADA website. Perhaps not the webmaster. Who's
the head of the ADA, anyway?

Why? People who know no better trust the ADA. They trust that the information
they are getting from that organization is correct. This is not the first
time the ADA has distributed incorrect or incomplete information. It's time
ADA began living up to its responsibilities. After the first little bit, when
expected the ADA to actually care about and educate me, I came to the
conclusion that all it cares about is my money (which it no longer gets).
information as blatently erroneous as this only adds to my belief that the ADA
could care less about anything beyond its bank acccount.

Surely somebody there knows enough about diabetes to either write an article
that is correct, or to at least skip over the AP's version and run either the
FDA's or MiniMed's news release instead.

Jan and ElvisToo
(who hasn't heard back from AP)

That is a ridiculous automatic reply from ADA. However, complaints about
errors in news should be directed to the source of the news. I would suggest
contacting the Associated Press about the error. I think the ADA should have
the same thing.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02