[IP] hiding the pump (revisited)

Fawn wrote:
>how am I going to hide that line that's on my stomach connected
> to the Pump? One other thing also is that I can't hide the Pump
> in my jeans because they are tight.Cananyone solve this dilemma?

1. gain so much weight that you don't fit in your tight jeans
2.  exchange your mom with more puritanical values who doesn't let you dress
that way (heheheheh - kidding)
3. Put the site on your hip or upper leg, run the tubing down your jeans and
put the pump in your sock

I would choose 4, although 1 was probably what keeps me from wearing really
tight jeans.

REPRINTED FROM October 19 1999 archives:

In case anyone happened to be snoozing, I personally have no problem with the
appearance of the pump and take no special pains to "hide" my porta-pancreas.
 Nor do I have any problem digging it out of wherever it is.  I take my hand
out of my pocket to blow my nose....I take my shoe off to scratch my foot, I
 put my glasses on to see a distant sign, I take off my coat when I am warm....I
take out my pump when I need insulin...it is as much a part of me as this big
zit on my chin and no amount of cover-up is gonna make it go away!!

OBVIOUSLY, I am not rude enough to stand on a grand dais in a velvet gown and
stick my hand down my bodice, or maybe I am, but that is another story, but
the point is...

Be Loud, Be Proud....Be Bumpy....

heck, you can ALWAYS go back to completely unobtrusive injections....Not for
all the tea in china thank you very much....you'll have to pry my pump out of
my cold dead fingers first

Sara the Bumpy Bitter Biter

REPRINTED from April 26, 1999 archives
<insert tongue into cheek> well, i have this indentation on my leg that the
pump just slides into so that it is flush with my skin...no bump! no strange
 looks from strangers, I don't catch it on doorknobs or drawers! and there is a
little flap of skin that goes over the top so I can even wear a bathing suit
and no one knows i have on a medical device!!! <remove tongue>

Actually...the bulge GOES with the pump.  It isnt written in the pump
 literature anywhere, but you WILL have this small beeper sized THING attached
to you,
and unless you have some strange body cavity in which to hide it, or if you
choose to wear clingy bike shorts or stretchy pants without a big baggy shirt,
or if you are not well endowed and can hide it in your cleavage, then "they"
and everyone else who really looks at you , will probably be able to see it!
(but really, fewer people are staring at you than you think - they are more
 concerned about their own personal appearance than whether you have an odd bump
here or there.)

GET OVER IT!!!  Either wear the pump and accept the bulge - find ways to
 lessen it, if you must, OR go back to injections which don't have an
bump to hide and you won't have to worry about what people "think."  If people
are so worried about how they are going to wear their tight new dress to the
prom, then surely they can go realize they can go back to the insulin pen for
a few hours - it won't KILL you, and you wont have a "weird bump" to hide!  At
least, as adults, we are bigger than the  pump...think of munchkin sized
 Kayla (WHO IN 2003 IS PROBABLY NO LONGER A MUNCHIKIN), on who the pump is
4/5ths her body weight!!!  She sticks it in her drawers and doesnt worry
about the strange bumps...but then she is six....ahhh to be six!!!

Be Loud, Be Proud....BE BUMPY!!!

Sara...who has bumps in all the right places

REPRINTED from 6/14/2000
It is time for us to join hands...Rise up my brothers and sisters, including
that 40% of type 2s and you type weird people like Natalie SEra, and make a
 noise. Test in public, demand equal time on the soda dispenser at McDonalds,
your tubings hang where they may, demand more financial support of research
in CURES, not stupid BANDAIDS like inhalable insulin, BE LOUD BE PROUD BE PUMP

Sara SP....who is at a loss to be original anymore.......