Re: [IP] no prob pump

At 11:21 AM 7/11/03, RoseLea wrote:

>Only metallic things I can wear are gold
>(not plated) and stainless steel.  Last time I had surgery they used
>stitches rather than staples because they were afraid that I might have
>problem with the staples.

A metal allergy can develop in anyone. Nickel is one of the prime offenders.
Since it is used in costume jewelry (cheap earrings, etc.), one is exposed to
it at an early age. Eventually the allergy crops up. It isn't genetic. Perhaps
the tendency to develop allergies is genetic, but the offending allergen is
not.

Susan