[IP] Insulin Cost Historic Info.

Soon after I became a diabetic 49 3/4 years ago I can remember seeing
advertisements for a  regular insulin for $0.99 for the same 10 cc  size vial
that they use today.  By that time insulin had been made a nonprescription
item so as to keep the pharmacies from adding their normal-set fee for filling
any prescription item.
There have been a very large number if changes in the strengths, the types and
the actions of insulin.  The very high purity  and uniformity of the products
has never been a problem..  We have had a lot of inflation but we also have
had a number of trust worthy pharmaceutical companies.  Thank God.
Charles Soderstrom DDS, T 1 since 10/53 at age 19