[IP] Re: Complaints :paragign&more

> You would think people have a vendetta against MM or something!!!
> I'm not just defending MM here because it is "my" pump company.  But, I
> do find it odd that people on this list have it "out" for MM far more
> than any other company, despite the fact that they have the vast
> majority of the market.

    I have tried to explore the relevance of the paradigm complaining that
pops up so often. It seems to get more complaints (bashing) than any other
pump. Most people here know that MM sells more pumps in the US than any
other manufacturer. So it shouldn't be a surprise if more MM complaints
surface. More illuminating would be the % of paradigm pumps that are out
there to complain about. I suspect that there are more 507-508s in service
but if the newer( and less tested) paradigm is any where close in numbers I
would not be so influenced by these para. complaints; and I would hope that
others would feel the same. I can get the ( I am sure an estimation) total
US pump number and the total MM number but they (MM) will not say what the
paradigm population is in the US. Without that number all we have is
anecdotal information. I don't think that we can make good or bad
generalizations. The members who come here to find out what is good or best
can not get a clear( even if not simple) answer. That's not good.

    Now a second point: I understand that some people do not like and are
uncomfortable with criticism or what some call negative talk. But I don't
understand how we can answer (at least in part) those who come for some
direction in their search for a pump. Some need to know that their pump
problems are not unique. They may have no other pumpers to share those
problems with. Why shouldn't we allow a consumer's report on this list? If
you see it another way please explain it to me. I have tried for a long time
to see things with just the positive light and it just doesn't make sense to