Re: [IP] lessons learned

We had lots of experience in the last year with being pumpless
after going through a total of 17 Paradigms in 6 months ~~~
nothing against MM,  the Paradigms just like to crash and die
on my son for some unexplained reasons.

We always knew we'd be getting another one, sometimes in
a few days, several times in less than 12 hrs.    MM even put
one on a plane for us once and then had it couriered to our
home!     So we never wanted to reintroduce Lantus into his
system and we haven't used Regular in years.

What we found worked really well for him (YMMV)  was testing
every  1 1/2 - 3 hours round the clock,  giving Humalog boluses
at meal times,  and then every 3 hrs. doing a correction bolus
if needed plus 80% of the basal he'd normally receive in the
next three hour period.     Worked really well for him and our
CDE and Endo even signed orders to this affect so that he
could attend school during pump failures  (naturally the school
refused though!!)

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (13 1/2,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (turning 21 this summer), Allison (18), Rachel (7)
Fenton, MO