Re: [IP] Error in the news...again!

At 12:56 AM -0400 7/12/03, RoseLea wrote:
>Associated Press said:
>>More than 200,000 diabetics have insulin pumps implanted in their abdomens,
>>a programmable system that can provide more precise, regular doses, infusing
>>even while the patient is sleeping.
>Excuse me... who here has an insulin pump "implanted in their abdomens"?
>who only believes half of what she hears in the news

How about reading this article just about EVERYWHERE, including the
ADA Website?   I wrote to the webmaster at ADA and got this Reply:

>>>Thanks for your email.

As a service to our subscribers, the ADA compiles the latest news and
events occurring in the world of diabetes. Some of the articles in
Diabetes E-News Now! are generated from wire service stories only and
not by the American Diabetes Association.

Since this was an AP story, we chose to include it in the News wrap up.

Glad to hear that you voiced your opinion to the AP and thanks for
your continued support.<<<

I would have been happier if they had at least put a disclosure
statement on the same page that said the article contained gross
inaccuracies.  But they haven't offered that YET!!!!!

Write to email @ redacted  and to  email @ redacted