[IP] overweight and have diabetes and more

In reference to thyroid problems, diabetes and gaining weight...I've put
on 45 pounds in the last five years.  I was diagnosed with diabetes,
thyroid impaired, and perimenopausal, all in the same year.  (And what a
year that was!)  I'm on meds for all three.

I saw my M D today for swallowing problems - she said that people with
diabetes have a slowed down digestive system, so maybe that has
something to do with gaining weight.

When I talked to my first endocrinologist about the weight gain, he said
"exercise more."  Since I was already exercising for a hour, daily, I
thought that was a little unreasonable. (Maybe we can start a chat about
M D's who don't give good, compassionate care.)

The interesting thing with the weight gain, is that my eating hasn't
really changed from 10 years ago, and I exercise more.