Re: [IP] Wish me luck...

In a message dated 7/11/2003 12:08:39 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> .I'm tired of continually increasing the
> Lantus each week to try to 'fix' the dawn phenomenon (I'm up to 78 units of
> Lantus a day now)...So my endo is just gonna have to live with my
> 'pro-activity'
> just like I have to live with diabetes!

GO TODD ! Good for you and your poractivity. If I hadn't been proactive, I
 would still be in that grist mill. 99% of those who try the pump love it, and I
think you will also. I agree, do not wait any longer. Today's physicians are
so snowed under with having to see to many patients in too little time and a
 ton of paperwork. I have even been told by nurses, that the more proactive "we"
are, the better things are going to be as it helps the physician get done what
they need to do.
To use an analogy, think of a mom with a child in diapers as opposed to a mom
whose child is older and is more self-sufficient. The mom with the older
child will likely accomplish more in her days work as some of her "burden" has
been relieved.
Yes, the mom still has to provide guidence, as we would expect the physician
should, but the child does the "legwork", as we should.
And though I am not highly spiritual, I do believe the old adage, "God helps
those who helps themselves". (Can you tell that I am a very independent
Good luck to you Todd, you are on the right track.