[IP] 176 unit max size,

Okay, concerning the 176 unit max size.  I've been using the Paradigm
511 with an average daily use of insulin of 60 units/day.  Sure, it
would be nice if it lasted longer...but the fact of the matter is, the
MEDICAL recommendations for maximum time leaving in a site is 2 1/2 to
3 days.  The fact that many pumpers have gotten used to leaving it in
much longer just means you are going against medical advice.  (Whether
that advice is valid or not is another discussion).

For many people the 176 size is a concern for staying in a routine.  For
myself, 176 units (minus) 30units for prime (minus) 50 units for day 1
(minus) 50 units for day 2 = 46 units for the last day.  Since the pumps
read empty at 5-10 units, this means changing sites in the middle of the
night.  I like to change sites after a shower so my old site is clean, my
potential site is clean, and my hands are clean.  I use antibacterial soap
to wash all three.  If anyone has noticed, the insulin package inserts
suggest a 2 day maximum infusion site.  I may start doing this.  I have
noticed a significant amount of variability between blood glucoses for day
3 compared to day 1 and 2.  Day 1 and 2 show very little difference. Also,
 keeping 176 units on board is helpful for dieting.  Keeps boluses under
control, therefore, keeping weight down.