[IP] leaving sites in

Judith wrote:
> Leaving cannulas  in place longer than the recommended
> 3 days increases the risk of infection and the formation of scar tissue.
> Most folks do see decreased absorption and increasing bgs as sites
>  "age" - often by the second or third day of use.  You may get by
> with extended use in the short term, but see problems later.Judith

Judith forgot to put in the YMMV....I leave my canula in  until it is either
the slightest bit uncomfortable OR I have 2 unexplainable high blood sugars in
a row.  this can be a day, or 6.  I have been pumping for over 10 years and
have noticed zero decreased absorption.  I also do not have any pump bumps or
red marks, and I have never ever had any kind of site infection.

So, yes, it is "recommended" that you change evey X days....This is most
 likely to cover the manufacturer's ass in the event you DO develop an
and also a very savvy way to insure sales....

BUT as with everything...YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY..

Sara SP