Re: [IP] Re:511v512

The pump number, to MM, may indicate a "feature set".  When the
software went from 1.7, 1.8, and eventually 2.0 in the 511, there were
no new features added.  It was bug fixes/enhancements to existing
features.  But, the 512 adds a whole new feature set that would be
PERCEIVED by the customer as almost a whole new pump.  So, give the
pump a whole new version number, not just the software, to indicate
it's feature set.

However, I do think it is possible that they have made improvements to
the hardware in the pump, and therefore gave it a new name.  An example
might be that they would add flash memory to the 512 so that pump
settings aren't lost in case of battery failure, etc.  This change
would not preclude the 511 from having all of the same software
enhancements as the 512.  (BTW, I'm NOT suggesting that MM actually did
this.  I still think that the 512 is unchanged hardware...just using
the memory as an example of what they COULD have done should they have
chosen to.)