[IP] Re:Letting the resevoir empty out

At 12:41 AM -0400 7/11/03, email @ redacted wrote:
>Does anyone let there reservoirs empty out.  Bone dry, down to the last drop.
>  Sounds like the coffee commercial.. Okay seriously, I do use every drop of
>insulin before I change the site.  Just wondering.  Because mine beeps once it
>reaches 30 units, do you realize how long 30 units could last a person
>especially depending on the time of day you reach that #.

I have mine programmed to show when I get to 20 units, which is
better than a half days worth for me.   I wait till I get the empty
alarm, then I use the "last drops" squeezed out of the cartridge or
pushed out of the old tubing to pre-prime the new tubing.  Now if we
could just figure ways to get the "last drop" use out of our sets
we'd really be saving the money!    :>)