Re: [IP] overweight and Diabetic

On 7/10/03 12:36 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> Demonstrated
stellar typing skills by writing:

> I just had my thyroid checked.  It's fine.  I take .175 mgs of synthyroid.
Okay, it's fine, but you have to medicate to keep it there. Cool.
> I have tried weight watchers, and the calorie king thing.
Weight Watcher's is fine, but too 'spensive for me...<G> I did lose 56 lbs
with it in my 'teens though, and it was nice for the support.
> My doctor told me, he was concerned with my tight control because of so many
 > lows, and he said to adjust my basals so I can avoid the lows, because that
> course, just adds calories to any one's meals.  So I'm working on adjusting
> the basals.
Re: SSP's post...methinks it be the overmedication <G>
> I'm going to watch my intake, and get back to the gym.  but it's hard with 3
 > kids, ages 9, 5, 4. all wanting pizza, hot dogs, corn dogs, ice cream, steak,
> chicken, in almost one meal, my kids are eating machines, constantly eating
 > and drinking, perhaps I need to leave the house, go somewhere where they
> get to food.  And I need to get back to the gym.
You need to stop giving inanimate objects like food and drink power over
you. YOU are the only Power you need, and shouldn't have to leave anywhere.
Let your mouth form that magical word "NO!" and move on to something you
want to do.

You need to separate that YOU are not your kids. Let them eat. Unless they
are overweight, they are growing and need that. YOU do not. They are not
there to be an excuse for your actions.

I can't afford gyms, and really, no one 'Needs' them, save maybe for cardiac
rehab and that's another kettle of fish entirely. I have a neighbourhood I
can walk about in and the 'teen twins across the street lend me their
bicycles. I spent good money on decent shoes and that was all I spent.
Cheap, and effective. I have an Mp3 player and leave the house with one of
my dogs and get busy!

You are the only Superpower you need. Inside you and your decisions. Tap
into this and no one will stop you at anything you set out to do.

Go, Girl!

I've learned....
That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

Jenny Sutherland