Re: [IP] Re: Paradigm "upgradable"

I hate to sound disagreeable...but the features that they have added
take VERY VERY little extra RAM or CPU usage.  I'm a Software Engineer
for embedded systems by profession.  From what I've read about the new
pump, there really isn't that much additional needed that would take up
extra RAM.  As far as CPU power, the ONLy time the extra CPU time would
be needed is during the calculation itself.  Who cares if the
calculation takes .5 seconds instead of .1 seconds?!?

The biggest issue for this upgrade, really, is just the software
testing and FDA approvals needed to make "medical recommendations"
through software for a medical device.

They already said that for those who already have  a Paradigm 511, the
upgrade is only $450.  Basically, I'm guessing that the Paradigm 512 is
the same exact pump as the 511, essentially, but with the new
software.  (It is common practice to give a new model number to a
device that is identical to another with just a software change when it
comes to electronic devices.)