Re: [IP] Re: Paradigm "upgradable"

   Speaking as someone who works in the electronics industry,  I have to
say that I doubt that current 511 users will be able to do a software
upgrade and turn their pumps into 512's.  The reason I say this is that
all those added features are going to reqire  more CPU power, RAM, Flash
, etc...
   In 1965, Gordon Moore of Intel Corp. published a paper that stated
that the number of transistors placed on an integrated circuit would
double every 18-24 months.  This has become known as "Moore's Law" and
so far has proven be pretty accurate.  In 1974 the original Intel 8088
processor (the chip upon which all PC class computers are based)
contained about 5,000 transistors.  The current generation of Pentium 4
processors contain 42,000,000 transistors!  So, it would  be reasonable
to assume that although both pumps are similar on the outside and have
similar user interfaces, they could  (and probably are) quite different
on the inside.
Bob,  pumping with the DTron+ since 3/2003