[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #383

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:33:13 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Dawn's problem with MRI & employment

In a message dated 7/7/2003 11:39:00 AM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Dawn wrote:
> Do I give up control of diabetes although not controlled yet  brittle
> diabetes
> and take the pump on/off for each patient despite what my DR recommends

Dawn, you do not mention what your 'average' basal amount is or how long you
would have to have the pump detached for each trip. Is it just a few minutes,
five minutes, 1/2 hour? and would you be missing a lot of insulin (the reason
for the basal question), each time you disconnect.

my  BASAL IS 1.3
my a1c is 9
 My sugars flucuate!!!!!!! If I had to take the pump off I would try to
compensate but Id either go LOW or HIGH
 the range of removing the pump is 10min off scan last min 20 min..inject
patient if needed 5min scan 15 more minutes get patient out and clean up 5-10min
per each patieny unless claustrophobic than numbers are more time helping
patient. so that means 20 mins every hour pump is off.

 Dawn Vesneske partylite Candle Consultant & Recruiter847-740-8851