[IP] Re: the NEW and IMPROVED Bolus Wizard

> what if it is bad, or your insulin is bad or you have GASTRO, or what teh
sensor THINKS is merely  broiled chicken with mashed potatos is REALLY sweet
and sour chicken with candied yams?  they COULD look the same to the

And I had another situation arise that would not work into the Bolus Wizard.
I had my dialysis run Monday a.m. so we could go on a pontoon dinner cruise
in the evening (for my first anniv of dialysis). My BG was 98 in the
afternoon. Before dinner I felt high and attempted to take a test. FIVE
error strips even before the countdowns began. I was out of strips
(Precision QID) so dealt with the food the best I could. When I got home I
was HI (over 600) on my Accu-Chek Complete for several hours and almost
doubled my TDD (including 3 injections) and 2 site changes to bring it down.
Now, what happened and would the bolus wizard detect it?

Our favorite CDE on IP helped me figure it out. Monday was warm and during
my dialysis run my BP was dropping and my feet cramping so they gave me
saline. I had 8 oz water at lunch, but no more. I was probably dehydrated
causing those HI's. Those with kidney failure (ESRD = End Stage Renal
Disease) have a limited fluid intake.

There are sooo many variables that need to be figured into these
calculations. YMMV

It's a mistake to try to avoid the unpleasant things in life, but I'm
beginning to consider it. ~ Charlie Brown